Thursday 1 November 2012

Coombe Lodge wedding disco and ceilidh, 28th October 2012

I must admit it took me a little while to get my head around a wedding reception disco on a cold and damp Monday evening at the end of October. I was worried that it might be the same for the guests too - but as soon as I walked into the room I could tell they were up for a good night as the atmosphere was really warm and everyone was full of smiles.

Just like my last disco at Coombe Lodge I was sharing the evenings entertainment with a live ceilidh band. I was to play the first dance and then hand over to them for an hour, then it was back to me for an hour, back to the ceilidh for the last time and then up to me to take keep them dancing until midnight. That final hour can be notoriously difficult as lots of guests tend to leave at that point and people are generally tired after skipping around to a ceilidh band for two hours.

To make things tougher I'd been given a playlist of songs requested by some of the wedding guests beforehand. As I only had two hours of DJing to do the list filled up that time and didn't leave me much room to add songs of my own. As expected keeping them dancing after 11pm was proving difficult and it was only when I decided to abandon the requested song list did I manage to win them back again. The next thing I know their all doing the conga in and out of all the rooms - including the staff! So it looks like they did have some energy left after all...

I've shown some highlights of the evening in my giglog below.



20:06 :
Madness - It Must Be Love

/////////// FIRST CEILIDH BAND SET ///////////

20:59 :
Paolo Nutini - 10/10
21:02 : The Monkees - I'm A Believer
21:05 : The Jacksons - Blame It On The Boogie
21:08 : The Trammps - Disco Inferno
21:11 : Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
21:16 : Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
21:19 : Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
21:23 : Billy Idol - White Wedding
21:27 : Bruno Mars - Marry You
21:31 : Imelda May - Johnny Got A Boom Boom
21:34 : Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell
21:37 : Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
21:39 : The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
21:42 : Stealers Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you
21:46 : Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
21:49 : Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
21:52 : Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
21:55 : Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
21:58 : The Specials - Too Much Too Young

/////////// SECOND CEILIDH BAND SET ///////////

23:09 :
The Pogues Featuring The Dubliners - The Irish Rover
23:13 : Madness - One Step Beyond
23:16 : Jam - A town called malice
23:18 : Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
23:22 : Mark Ronson Feat. Amy Winehouse - Valerie
23:26 : Abba - Dancing queen
23:29 : Michael Jackson - Thriller
23:35 : Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
23:39 : MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
23:40 : Rick James - Super Freak
23:44 : Junkie XL - A little less conversation
23:47 : Bob Marley & The Wailers - One Love/People Get Ready
23:50 : Plan B - She Said
23:53 : Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
23:58 : Frank Sinatra - New York, New York
00:01 : Tony Christie - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
00:05 : Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life)
00:09 : Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
00:13 : Tony Tribe - Red Red Wine
00:16 : Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters

No comments:

Post a Comment